Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Someday Home by Lauraine Snelling - A Book review

Someday Home by Lauraine Snelling - A book review

Reading is one of life’s pleasures.


Finding a good author is discovering a friend with a great imagination.  (Click to Tweet)

If you are looking for a good story, I recommend a new book by Lauraine Snelling.

I have never read anything by Lauraine Snelling until now. Her book called, Someday Home: A Novel, is delightful. She drew me in right away with her characters—three women who find themselves needing a home. 


I identified with each of them in a different way.


Lynn has lost her husband and doesn’t want to leave her home. Her situation made me think of my mom who just lost her mom last year and my dad five years ago. She is trying to make all of those financial decisions based on whether it’s best for her to move to a smaller house. None of them are easy.

Judith spent her life caring for her parents and their stately home with the promise that she would be cared for after they’re gone. She discovers that’s not the case at all. She has nothing; no home, not even an education.

Angela has just been served divorce papers. Enough said.

The author weaves a wonderful tale of friendship, forgiveness and discovery as they become housemates; and I loved every minute of it. 

Because of reading, Someday Home: A Novel, I am on the lookout of more stories by Lauraine Snelling. She is a wonderful writer and has a deep understanding of what women face along life’s pathway.

What are you reading this summer? (Click to Tweet)


Jeanne


Someday Home by Lauraine Snelling is published by FaithWords. It released on July 7, 2015. You can order a copy from Amazon—a perfect book to take on your summer vacation.


Available in Kindle, paperback or Audible versions.



An advanced publish copy was provided for this review by FaithWords

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for joining the conversation. Your comment will appear once I moderate. This helps to combat spam messages. Thanks for your understanding.
If you have trouble posting a comment, please contact me.