Friday, August 14, 2015

What Do You Like To Do For Fun?

I have been asked, "So...what do you like to do for fun?"


a need to have fun
This is another question that causes me to pause...what do I like to do for fun? So often I clean, write, cook, read....

But what DO I like to do for fun? [Click to Tweet]

This year I have realized I don't consciously make time for celebrating. I'm trying to remedy that.


A Need to Have Fun

Well, this past week John and I took the tandem kayak to the lake. I don't think I stopped smiling. The weather was idyllic. Sunny. Breezy. And, we went early so the lake was quiet.


A Need to have fun

We dropped anchor next to a small island. John swam. I waded. We had packed a lunch and enjoyed a perfect morning together.

Have you read my article called, Going Tandem

Did you know they call tandem kayaks Divorce Boats? [Click to Tweet]

Then, on Sunday after church we went to a classic car cruise with friends. There were over 2500 classic cars on display. 


Our assignment: Find a car from our birth year...



Here's mine: 1958 Cadillac Convertible


A Need to have fun

Here's John's: 1959 Ford Pickup


A need to have fun


We had fun! I even chose two fun cars to photograph because they're pink. We decided they must have been the first Mary Kay cars.


A need to have fun
1955 Victoria Fairlane

A need to have fun

Take time to have fun no matter your circumstances. It will fuel your joy.

"This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."

John and I are celebrating 35 years of marriage this week - and having fun together.

So, what do you like to do for fun?


Jeanne


Get your copy of: Little Book of Great Dates: 52 Creative Ideas to Make Your Marriage Fun:



Photos by Jeanne Doyon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for joining the conversation. Your comment will appear once I moderate. This helps to combat spam messages. Thanks for your understanding.
If you have trouble posting a comment, please contact me.